Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Readings

The reading about students expectation is the reading that stuck out the most to me. I fully understand the part where Professor Grossman said: “I tell my classes that if they just do what they are supposed to do and meet the standard requirements, that they will earn a C,” he said. “That is the default grade. They see the default grade as an A.” I agree with this because I think everybody see's this as the grade you get when you do all your work and earn high grades, attend class everyday and pay attention.  Mr. Greenwood said: “If you put in all the effort you have and get a C, what is the point?nIf someone goes to every class and reads every chapter in the book and does everything the teacher asks of them and more, then they should be getting an A like their effort deserves. If your maximum effort can only be average in a teacher’s mind, then something is wrong.” I especially agree with the last sentence because no teacher should be able to sum up a students effort in their mind. It should be something to really think about. Overall i feel as though this isnt the way to get an A. I think it all depends on the student's grades earned, participation, notes, and things like that. An A is the highest grade that can be achieved but its not always what you'll get.

No comments:

Post a Comment