Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Readings

My favorite reading would have to be the reading called 10,000 hours for success. The way they put this reading together was interesting. How they put certain people in certain groups then took the time to dig deep into their past & discover that those who were called “the stars” were more passionate about their music over the ones who were likely to be music teachers. Study’s like this show that if you’re passionate about what you want to be, like if you have a real want & need to be successful in a certain field it’s possible with time & effort. But even so some people are very successful in things they don’t work hard in, but I would call that luck or life. I don’t agree with the 10,000 hours being the number of success though. I mean you don’t have to have that much hours of anything to be successful. I think it’s just how bad you want something & how hard you’re willing to work for it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure of the disctinction you're making between a lot of hours vs. how bad you want something/how much work. If you want something bad so you put a lot of work into it, isn't that similar to putting in a lot of hours? I'm a little confused as to what you're disagreeing with.

    ReplyDelete